The property for a Presbyterian church was granted to church trustees Thomas Chambers, William McKeown, and John Conkey by Asa and Elizabeth Burham in 1859. The church was closed, after 54 years of service, in 1916 and taken down in 1919.
This is a well-kept cemetery, with the earlier stones reflecting the names of the settlers and their descendants of the local community. A locally-appointed Board maintained the grounds until care was transferred to the Municipality of Port Hope in 2021. It is still active.
On the lot map, an area is marked 'filled and closed'. A witching of this area indicated some twenty-one burials of unidentified community members.
An up-to-date list of known burials can be found here.
Peter and Barbara Bolton - Port Hope, Ontario